As an emerging theatre company, we are committed to doing as much as we can to minimize the impact of our activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
Reducing Carbon Footprint
- All food and drink served as part of our project and activities will be vegan or vegetarian, to try to minimise carbon footprint
- We will use slow travel as part of our project and activities, whenever possible
- Taking a pro-active approach to withdrawing all single-use plastics, including removing plastic straws, cutlery and plastic cups at all our events and activities
- Reusing materials from our scenography where possible, including for internal use or giving them away externally
- Keeping scalability and sustainability at the forefront of our priority with the design of each new project and activity
Knowledge and Awareness
- As guidance we use resources and tools from the NPO Julie’s Bicycle for measuring impact (particularly their Creative Green Tools) and for interrogating our models. We will be working to collect more of our own environmental data in collaboration with our venue partners and vendors, and shaping our day-to-day habits and practices towards greater sustainability.
- We will introduce all team members and associate artists to this sustainability statement and relevant resources, to raise their awareness about our environmental impact.